Call for Papers
Joint International Conference and Call for Papers (12th BMEB International Conference and Call for Papers)
"Maintaining Stability, Strengthening Momentum of Growth Amidst High Uncertainties" Bali, August 30 - 31, 2018
The region’s premier institution, the Bank Indonesia, and the Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association are pleased to jointly host the inaugural international conference on the theme “Maintaining stability, strengthening momentum of growth amidst high uncertainties”. The conference will be held in Bali, Indonesia on the 30-31 August 2018.
Papers in all areas relating to the theme are welcomed. Specific topics of interest relate to but not limited to:
- Global economic landscape shift (topics that explore new sources of economic growth; trade policy issues; and spillover of global shocks are particularly welcomed).
- Macroeconomic dynamics (papers that explore determinants of inflation & technological innovation, exchange rate and interest rate dynamics including forecasting are particularly welcomed).
- Macro-financial linkages (papers that explore issues relating to financial intermediation; and linkages between business and financial cycles are particularly welcomed).
- Post-GFC policy implications (papers that explore lessons for public policy including monetary policy in the post-GFC era are particularly welcomed).
- Macroeconomic fundamentals (papers that propose new research issues in areas of supply-side economy, productivity, labor and human capital performance in economic management are particularly welcomed).
- New growth model (papers that explore the role of demographic transition and growth potentials; and the role of financial and technological innovations and productivity in economic growth are particularly welcomed).
- Frontier issues of economic development (papers that examine financial integration & market behaviour; institutional development, governance & leadership issues for economic management; and Islamic financial institutions & instruments in shaping monetary policy & economic growth are particularly welcomed).
- Digital innovation (papers that analyse the role of digital innovation in macroeconomic and financial system behaviour are particularly welcomed).
- Payment system platform and new financial services (papers that develop hypotheses relating to e-ecommerce and the role of financial technology are particularly welcomed).
- Central bank role & policy strategy (papers that develop hypotheses relating to crypto-currencies are particularly welcomed).
Across all the above topics, theoretical economics models and econometrics models including computable general equilibrium models are equally welcomed.